Skip to content
Overview of KFGQPC
- KFGQPC establishment and inauguration
started from the need of the Islamic world for the Glorious Qur’an, the interpretations of its meanings into different languages, and the due attention given for its various sciences, as well as the prominent role of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in serving Islam and Muslim. In addition to the recognition of the late Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Fahd bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of the importance of serving the Glorious Qur’an through a specialized institution, dedicated for such honorable purposes. Thus the corner stone for King Fahd Glorious Qur’an Printing Complex was laid down on the sixteenth of the month of Muharram, in Madinah, in the year of (1403 AH - 1982 AD). Upon unveiling the cover of the memorial plaque to place the corner stone for KFGQPC, King Fahd, He said:
In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful, and with the blessing of the Allah, the Most High and the All-Powerful....
We hope that this project becomes a source of goodness and blessings in serving the Glorious Qur’an firstly, and for serving Islam and Muslims secondly. I ask Allah, The Most High for assistance and success in all our religious and worldly matters and to lead this major project to serve the Glorious Qur’an, so that Muslims benefit and reflect upon its meanings
King Fahd opened KFGQPC on the sixth of the month of Ṣafar, in the year of 1405 Ah - 1984 AD saying:
Two years ago, I came here, in al-Madinah, which is the greatest city of all, to place the corner stone of this great project. The people of Madinah were happy for the arrival of the Prophet and they were his greatest aides in hardships. By them the spark of the Da'wah was kindled; a call for the goodness and the blessing for the whole world.
Today, I finally find that what we thought was a dream became a reality, unlike any other. Therefore, here I am asking each and every citizen of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to thank Allah for this grand favor, and I wish that Allah guides me in serving my religion, my country, and all Muslims. May Allah help me
Muslims regard KFGQPC as one of the most prominent examples reflecting the adherence of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Prophet, both as a creed and a way of life, in words and deeds.
Allah has guided the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to establish this grand Islamic project that focused since then on printing and distributing the Glorious Qur’an in different publications, modes of reading to Muslims all over the world, as well as translating the Glorious Qur’an into many international languages.
- Supervising KFGQPC
The Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Daʻwah and Guidance assumes the supervision of KFGQPC and His Excellency the Minister of Islamic Affairs, Daʻwah and Guidance, Shaikh Dr. Abdullatif bin Abdulaziz Al al-shaikh is the Supervisor General and head of its Supreme Commission. His Excellency the Minister maintains an office for the Supervisor General of KFGQPC.
ويتابع تنفيذ سياسات المجمَّع وتحقيق أهدافه أمانةٌ عامَّةٌ ينهض بمسؤوليتها ويُشرف عليها سعادة الأستاذ: عاطف بن إبراهيم العليان الأمين العام للمجمَّع المكلف.
- The Area of KFGQPC and its Facilities
The area of KFGQPC is about two hundred and fifty thousand square meters. KFGQPC is considered a complete living unit with the necessary facilities; it includes a Mosque, buildings for administration, maintenance, printing, warehouses, transportation, marketing, a library, a medical office and other related support services.
KFGQPC also includes a new warehouse building and a new library for scholarly affairs administration.
- KFGQPC Staff
1100 persons work in KFGQPC whether as scholars, university professors, technicians, or admins. The total percentage of Saudis working in KFGQPC is about 87% of the whole workforce.
Saudi cadres are now working in the various technical departments of KFGQPC. KFGQPC continues to develop their technical and administrative skills to meet its needs.
KFGQPC continues to increase the percentage of Saudis, taking into consideration the nature of its work and the importance of training the new Saudi technicians in terms of the workflow. KFGQPC follows a training plan that takes care of meeting its needs for national cadres through holding organized training courses in the unit of training and development, as well as on-the-job training besides others.
- Important Participations of KFGQPC
– On the centenary of the founding of the Kingdom, KFGQPC published a book under the title of «King Fahd Glorious Qur’an Printing Complex; a blessing of the many blessings of the foundation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia». This book comes as part of the participation of KFGQPC in celebrating the centenary of the foundation of the Kingdom by the late King Abdulaziz bin Abdulrahman Al Faisal Al Saud.
– Also, KFGQPC participated in the celebration of the twentieth anniversary of King Fahd bin Abdulaziz rule on (1402 AH), whereas it produced a film both in Arabic and in English about KFGQPC. It offered copies to the embassies of the Kingdom, the ministries of Culture and Media, and the Saudi Arabian Airlines. In addition, the Complex launched its internet website.
– In celebration of choosing Madinah as the capital of Islamic culture, in the year of 1434 AH - 2013 CE, KFGQPC published a book titled: King Fahd Glorious Qur’an Printing Complex contributions in enriching Islamic culture.
– Moreover, KFGQPC is keen on active participation in local and international book fairs. It presents its production in all publications that contribute to consolidating the elements of Islamic culture in the hearts of book fairs visitors. Therefore, KFGQPC has been awarded Certificates of Merit for its participation in many book fairs. The pavilion of KFGQPC has become a distinguished destination for visitors. The KFGQPC representatives answer the visitors' questions concerning KFGQPC and its publications.
– Among KFGQPC important participations: Participating in refereeing some local, regional and international competitions for the memorization of the Glorious Qur’an and its Tajweed, due to KFGQPC personnel who are of rich knowledge in the memorization, Tajweed and recitation of the Glorious Qur’an in different modes of reading. The organizing authorities for the Glorious Qur’an competitions, local and international are keen on making use of the expertise of KFGQPC.
– KFGQPC also participates in local industries fairs, in addition to its participation in the annual Janadriyah Festival by presenting samples of its publications. KFGQPC also participated in a number of fairs and international exhibitions.
– Furthermore, KFGQPC awards its publications to the winners of local and international Glorious Qur’an memorization competitions.
- Awards and Prizes of KFGQPC
KFGQPC has won five local and international awards, which follow this chronological order:
- the year of 1416 AH: The Madinah Award, general services branch, field of architectural design.
- The year of 1428 AH: The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Award for Translation.
- The year of 1429 AH: Dubai International Glorious Qur’an Award - Islamic Personality of the Year, for the year of 1429 AH.
- The year of 1431 AH: The award of best Qur'an electronic website, by the Muslim World League, the General Authority for the Memorization of the Glorious Qur’an.
- The year of 1433 AH: Kuwait’s International Award for the Memorization of the Glorious Qur’an, its Sciences, and Tajweed.